At Gyford Productions we believe that industry leadership is fundamental to environmental leadership. This principle is part of our business culture and a core value since we began full manufacturing operations in 1991. It is our commitment to provide a sustainable product, reduce waste, save energy, and reuse materials wherever possible. We approach this pledge through these three company cornerstones:
- Our components are manufactured from U.S. process aluminum and stainless steel.
- Aluminum solid bar contains up to 55% recycled material.
- Stainless steel bar contains over 90% recycled material.
- Aluminum and stainless steel are 100% recyclable.
- Aluminum is the only metal which can be infinitely recycled.
- Aluminum is light-weight and strong, approximately 1/3 the weight of iron, steel, copper, or brass. This makes it easier to handle, less expensive to ship, and thereby consuming less energy.
- Aluminum and 316 stainless steel are non-corrosive, do not rust, and are protected by their own naturally occurring oxide film.
- Our aluminum components are sold with a clear non-toxic anodize finish. Anodizing is an environmentally safe process and meets the FDA, USDA, WEE and RoHS safety directives.
- Our staff cares about conservation. Every effort is made to recycle cans, glass, plastic, and paper products throughout the work day.
- This practice is also fostered through our Employee Continuous Improvement Program, which encourages everyone to submit recommendations for waste and energy reductions, as well as operations and product improvement.
- We manage our business using best practices in recycling and reusing at all levels of the operation.
- On-going initiatives to reduce material consumption, energy and waste are part of our company practice.
- New technologies in waste and energy reduction are researched and routinely implemented to reduce our environmental impact.
- Gyford Productions is a proud member of the United States Green Building Council.
Click here to read about our Sustainability Initiatives.
Click here for Leed Qualification Information.